Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christina Aguilera agonised over divorce



Christina Aguilera felt "torn" about ending her marriage.

The singer announced she had split from music executive Jordan Bratman - with who she has two-year-old son Max - in October after almost five years of marriage and though she had been unhappy for a long time, she agonised over the effect their separation would have on family life.

She said: "Things were so unhealthy and unhappy for both Jordan and me, I knew I had to end it. I really didn't want to hurt Jordan, and I felt torn about splitting our family up."

Though she felt torn about ending her marriage to Jordan, Christina - whose own parents divorced when she was seven years old - felt it would be the best for Max if his mother and father went their separate ways.

She explained to People magazine: "When you're unhappy in your marriage, your children are the ones who suffer. That's the last thing I wanted for my son."

The 29-year-old star is now dating Matthew Rutler, a set assistant on her new movie 'Burlesque', and she is amazed at how easy he is to speak to.

She said: "He's the kind of person you could spend hours with on the phone talking to and all of a sudden it's daylight."

No comments: