Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mila Kunis: acting was 'babysitter'


Mila Kunis started acting because her family couldn't afford a babysitter.

The Ukranian-born actress moved to Los Angeles with her family when she was seven years old and enrolled in a drama class as a way to meet other children.

She said: "My English was a little janky. I didn't have very many friends. And there was this place advertised on the radio as a place for kids to meet other kids - an acting class. My parents couldn't afford a babysitter. They said, 'Great, that takes up our Saturday.' "

Mila - who voiced Meg in animated adult comedy series 'Family Guy' - also admitted she can't understand why other actors regard their profession as "art".

Speaking to the new issue of GQ magazine - in which she is named Knockout of the Year - she said: "I love what I do, but my theory is that it's people who doubt what they do and want to prove it to you, they're like 'It's art. I create art. It's art, art, art.' I'm like, Holy s**t, are you f***ing kidding me? I run around and pretend I'm someone else for twelve hours; I record 'Family Guy'. Then I get to go home and watch 'Jersey Shore'."

No comments: