Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Mischa Barton getting 'stronger'

Mischa Barton is feeling "stronger" following her recent reported breakdown.

The former 'O.C.' star - who was placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold order and taken to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in July - insists she has now got her life back on track.

She told Grazia magazine: "I had a bad few weeks. But you know when you are not sick anymore and you feel stronger. You know what? People do turn themselves around in a matter of a few weeks. People do get better, things get better. I'm OK now. I think the hospital visit was blown out of proportion. It was made out to seem like, you know, you are having a complete breakdown and your life is ending."

Mischa also thanked Ashton Kutcher - who is producing her new TV show 'The Beautiful Life' - and his wife Demi Moore for helping her move on from her ordeal.

She said: "There were all these questions and speculation, 'Is she OK? Is she ready to work?'

"But Ashton is an amazing guy and such a great producer. He has been so supportive recently."

The 23-year-old star previously blamed her hospitalisation on an operation to remove wisdom teeth which went wrong.

Last month, she said: "I don't know if it was an official breakdown. I don't know. I had a friend who had a quasi-nervous breakdown, but I'm not sure it's the same thing. I'm not sure I'm capable of a full-on nervous breakdown, but it was pretty bad. It didn't last that long.

It was more about the pain. I have a newfound respect for people who have chronic pain.

"I went through a terrible surgery - a wisdom tooth surgery, all four removed. It was a nightmare. I've never had surgery before - it all went wrong. So with the travel, and surgery and prep for the show - it was hell."

No comments: