Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Scarlett Johansson's Sinatra secret

Scarlett Johansson attends Dolce and Gabanna: The make up launch held at Selfridges depatment store, London on July 31, 2009 in London.

Scarlett Johansson wants to be Frank Sinatra.

The 'Lost in Translation' star admits the Rat Pack singer-and-actor was one of her childhood heroes and she hopes to emulate his singing voice in the future.

She said: "I always wanted to be Frank Sinatra. Even as a little kid, I always thought I'd grow up and sound like Sinatra. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

"A lot of actors are great mimics anyway, and that can relate to music as well. I think all singers are acting, whether it's their lyrics or another writer's lyrics, they are performing. I don't think the two are dissimilar."

Despite her success, Scarlett - who is set to release her second album, 'The Break-Up', a series of duets with close friend Pete Yorn - admits she is still astonished when she lands big jobs.

She added to Britain's The Times newspaper: "That always shocks me, when I get hired for anything. Either as an actor or, in this case, a vocalist for hire.

"As soon as one project ends you never think you will get the chance again. I was just flattered that Pete thought of me and put the faith in me that I could creatively collaborate on anything."

No comments: