Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Scarlett Johansson: 'I'm Supposed to be a Gladiatrix'

Scarlett Johansson wants to play a "gladiatrix".

The 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' star has been tipped to take the lead role in 'The Amazon Warrior' and believes the action-packed part would be "fun". She said: "I think I'm supposed to be a gladiatrix.

These film guys are crazy about gladiatrixes. "But do I fit the Amazon mould? I'm a Danish/Jewish girl from New York. "I've never done a full-on action role. I guess I'm still waiting for me 'Cirque du Soleil' moment.

It would be fun." Despite her concerns about her looks for the role, Scarlett has an abundance of unusual skills she thinks would be right for the film. The 24-year-old actress added: "I've done weapons training. I've fired all kinds of guns - 9mm semi-automatic, machineguns, shotguns. I've jumped off a 60ft building. I learnt to ride for 'The Horse Whisperer'."

No comments: