Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Freida Pinto's successful breathing

Cast member Freida Pinto of the best picture nominated film "Slumdog Millionaire" arrives at the 81st Academy Awards in Hollywood, California February 22, 2009.

Freida Pinto is trying to remember to breathe since becoming famous.

The Indian actress, who plays Latika in Oscar-winning movie 'Slumdog Millionaire', is struggling to adjust to her newfound celebrity status.

She said: "It's a blessing and I need to learn to relish and savour each moment, so that's what I'm doing. And, most importantly, I have to breathe!"

Freida, who appears on the cover of India's Cosmopolitan magazine this month, also revealed she is still left star-struck when she is introduced to big Hollywood stars.

The 24-year-old beauty added: "The baffled look Dev Patel's character Jamal had when he won the money in 'Slumdog Millionaire' is pretty much my expression any time I see an A-lister on the red carpet!

"I am trying to enjoy it all as much as I can, because this is an once-in-a-lifetime experience."

It was recently revealed Freida will appear in Woody Allen's upcoming as-yet untitled film.

It is believed the star-studded cast will also include Sir Anthony Hopkins, Naomi Watts and Josh Brolin.

No comments: