Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith


Steven Tyler has reportedly quit Aerosmith.

The 61-year-old frontman is said to have walked out on the 'Crazy' rockers after a performance in Abu Dhabi last month and his bandmates have not heard from him since.

Guitarist Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun newspaper: "Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band."

Perry claims Tyler - father of Hollywood actress Liv Tyler - has refused to take his phone calls to let the rest of the band know what's going on.

He said: "He has had no contact with me or the other band members. He's notorious for that, that's one thing I've learned to live with. I try to overlook it

"Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 per cent to this thing for a long time. He's obviously had this planned for a long time. To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the internet. I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change."

Perry says the band - who were forced to cancel shows earlier this year after Tyler was taken to hospital after falling ill during one concert - are now looking for a replacement.

He said: "As far as replacing Steve... We'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch."

No comments: