Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lady Gaga lives for fame

Lady Gaga would "die" if she wasn't famous.

The 'Poker Face' singer - who is well known for her eccentric clothing and party lifestyle - can't stand the thought of life away from the public eye and wouldn't be able to cope with normal life.

She said: "There are times when it can be a lot to deal with but always when I get up in the morning I try to find that very joyful place that reminds me that I would die if someone took it all away. If someone did that I wouldn't be a person any more."

After years of singing in clubs and penning tracks for stars including Britney Spears, the 23-year-old beauty - who topped the UK charts with her debut album 'The Fame' - is grateful of her newfound success.

She explained: "I have such an appreciation for where I am in my life because I've struggled and because I couldn't get signed, and because I couldn't get played on the radio."

But the eccentric star, who went to the elite Convent of the Sacred Heart School with Paris and Nicky Hilton, relishes the opportunity to be herself.

She said: "Right now the only thing that I am concerned with in my life is being an artist. I had to suppress it for so many years in high school because I was made fun of but now I'm completely insulated in my box of insanity and I can do whatever I like."

No comments: