Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

London-bound Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan wants to move to London.

The actress - whose erratic behaviour since splitting from Samantha Ronson has caused concern - hopes to start a new life in the UK as she feels she won't be under as much scrutiny.

She said: "I like London, people aren't as judgemental. It's more about the fashion or music industry, not about movies and movie stars. It's a different scene.

"I want to be on my own for a while. I need to care about myself now. I didn't get into this business to be a celebrity. I've been a target for a long time."

The 'Mean Girls' star has recently been pictured looking worryingly thin but insists she doesn't have a problem with food or her weight.

She added: "I like the way I look. I'm not starving myself, contrary to popular belief. I'm criticised when I'm too thin or too heavy."

Lindsay is tired of the way she has been portrayed and feels her personal life comes under so much attention it has begun to affect her film career.

She added to Britain's Closer magazine: "When I was a kid, I thought movie stars were people who wanted to act in great movies. It's all I ever wanted to do, but I've become this girl who's seen as someone who parties, who wants to be photographed all the time, isn't focused and can't be on time. That's not true. There are other actresses my age, like Scarlett Johansson, and I don't get the same opportunities."

No comments: