Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Clean punk Lady GaGa

Lady GaGa claims she's a clean punk.

Despite her outrageous dress sense, the 'Poker Face' singer insists she is inspired by high-end fashion designers.

She said: "I do have a bit of a rock and roll heart even though I'm a pop artist. But I'm a different kind of punk. I like clean, sophisticated lines and detail, which is why I love Chanel and Versace!"

The star feels flattered if people start to copy her distinctive look because it means she's having an impact on society.

She said: "If people are inspired by my looks, then I love that I'm affecting culture. But I do think that whatever your influence you have to be careful to execute properly."

Lady GaGa, 23, has been experimenting with her look since she was 13 and insists she always had the ability to shock people with her fashion choices.

She said: "I wore acid wash jeans, tank-tops, sneakers. Stuff inspired by the 50s, clubby stuff. But I'd mix it up, some days I'd be in fishnets with bright red lips."

No comments: