Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Unhappy in love Mischa Barton

Mischa Barton loves "dark" men.

The former 'O.C.' actress - who recently split from Kooks frontman Luke Pritchard - is attracted to intense, brooding types even though they make her feel depressed and claustrophobic.

She said: "I have always been in very heavy, long-term serious relationships... three in a row. I tend to be attracted to slightly dark men, meaning they have huge lows, which I can too. This is not conducive to being happy and carefree.

"I have therefore set my mind to dating if I feel like it, but not getting into anything serious. It's difficult to find the happy medium. I am dating in a general sense... nothing exclusive. I am enjoying myself."

When it comes to choosing potential lovers, the 23-year-old beauty prides brains over bulging muscles.

She added to Britain's Hello! magazine: "I love men to be super-intelligent rather than Greek gods. I love hanging out with the boys, so even after a relationship has ended I like to stay friends."

Mischa also spoke about her tumultuous past, including her 2007 conviction for driving under the influence and without a valid licence.

She said: "I have no privacy and therefore I have grown up in the public arena. Not an excuse, just a fact.

"I should have known better than to drink-drive and I am just very happy nothing worse happened. I have learnt a huge lesson and am now also more wary of my friends and their influence over me.

"I should never have got in that car, and for that I admit my guilt. Sometimes you need a big shock to shake you up."

No comments: