Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ben Stiller's 'drugged' chat-up

Ben Stiller had to take drugs to get the courage to talk to his now-wife.

The 'Night At The Museum' star - who is married to actress Christine Taylor - was so shy when he was younger, he could only talk to girls when he was high.

He said: "I wasn't good at picking up the girls. I've never been God's gift to the world. And I couldn't even chat up my wife until one day I injured my toe and because I was hopped up on painkillers I felt loose enough to talk to her.

"I was a little bit drugged. We started hanging out and having so much fun that she came to visit me in New York and never left."

It wasn't the first time the 43-year-old actor has experimented with drugs.

He told Britain's The Mail on Sunday newspaper: "I dabbled in drugs - just dabbled. I did LSD once, only once. It was peer pressure, a high-school thing. But it was scary and I didn't like feeling out of control.

"It was a very bad trip - I freaked out and called my parents and tried to explain to my dad what I was feeling, but all he said was, 'I understand what you're going through. When I was a teenager I smoked a Pall Mall cigarette and I got sick for two days.'

I'm like, 'Dad, no, this is worse. You don't understand.' But they had never had any experience of the drug culture, because they were working so hard all through the 1960s."

No comments: