Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mischa Barton's 'empowering' break-up

Mischa Barton says being single has "empowered" her.

The 'O.C.' actress - who recently split from Kooks frontman Luke Prichard after a brief relationship - says being on her own has given her confidence because it forced her to grow up.

She said: "I'm still working on it but I've grown so much in the past six months. I've grown immensely and it's because I've been single. After I broke up with a boyfriend last year, I felt empowered.

"I've forced myself to grow up - I really felt like it was time. And nothing makes you grow like finding out that somebody or something isn't good for you."

The 23-year-old star has no regrets about her failed relationship because it taught her more about herself.

She added to Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine: "I don't believe in regrets. Things are supposed to shape you and change you. I've learnt a lot from my mistakes. We've all done things that were stupid, or that didn't work out as planned, and it's human nature to grow from that."

No comments: