Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Miley Cyrus: 'I won't end up like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan'

Miley Cyrus is adamant she won't fellow in the same destructive footsteps as Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan.

Miley - who insists she hasn't had her breasts enlarged - says she won't end up like the Toxic rocker or the Mean Girls star because she is desperate not to disappoint her parents.

She says, "The last thing I ever want to do is disappoint my parents.

"My mom's dad died when she was 18, and if something ever happened to one of my parents, I'd want them to go knowing I made them proud. I think it's selfish to go out partying all the time, especially if you have little ones [in your family]. I have a 9-year-old sister, and I don't want her to go to school and have people make fun of her for it.

"At one of the very first awards shows I ever did, there was a bottle of vodka in my gift bag.

"No one cared that they were giving this to a 12-year-old."

Of her romance with 20-year-old model Justin Gaston, Miley adds, "I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong, and I'm ready for people to accept it.

"My fans already accept it - they just want me to be happy. And I haven't been that happy in a few years ... working so hard, moving to L.A. from Nashville, going through a bad breakup [with Nick Jonas]. I'm finally happy again, and I think that is reflected in my music and my work."

No comments: