Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Eva Longoria says she is gardener in marriage

Eva Longoria says she is the "gardener" in her marriage.

The 'Desperate Housewives' actress, who is married to basketball star Tony Parker, describes her husband as a "flower" she looks after.

She explained: "I'm the gardener, I definitely nurture. Tony is the flower. But there are times when Tony takes care of me in an emotional sense. But I love to take care of him. I'm really a very 50s housewife.

"I love having dinner ready and making sure his clothes are ironed and that he's packed and ready when he goes on road trips."

Eva, who wed Tony in a romantic ceremony in France in 2007, admits she works hard to ensure her marriage is successful but the couple sometimes struggle to balance their hectic work schedules with spending time together.

The 33-year-old beauty added to America's Glamour magazine: "Marriage is a commitment, so you always have to work at it. For us, just juggling schedules is the biggest obstacle we have, and we don't even really have a problem with that either.

"I take it day by day. Tony and I would love to be together forever. But the only way you get to forever is one day at a time."

No comments: