Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Leona Lewis criticises 'stupid' drinkers

Leona Lewis says people who need to be drunk to have fun have a "stupid mindset".

The British pop star doesn't really "like the taste" of alcohol and can have a good time without booze.

She said: "I find some people's attitude to drinking ridiculous. I think it's so funny that people think you have to drink in order to have fun. It's such a stupid mindset! A lot of my friends are like, 'I need a drink to get on the dance floor!' I don't need that 'help me to relax' thing. If I'm around my friends then I can really relax and have a good time, that's all I need. I don't need alcohol."

Leona is very close to her friends and family and admits she misses them when she is on tour, but she is learning to deal with being away from the UK.

The 'I Got You' singer - who won Simon Cowell's pop star search show 'The X Factor' in 2006 - added to Stylist magazine: "I am quite an emotional person and I'm very sensitive to certain issues. But I've gained a lot of independence going out on my own because usually I've got my very protective family and people around me. But I go home whenever I can. Sometimes my parents will come with me but it's about balancing that. I do enjoy it more when I have my family around me though."

As well as missing her friends and family, Leona also hates to be apart from her long-term boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa.

The 25-year-old star said: "My relationship is very, very precious to me. We're a partnership so we just get on with it, really. We just work it out - you have to just deal with it."

No comments: