Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brendan Fraser loved Furry fat

Brendan Fraser enjoyed getting fat for his new movie.

The actor had to pile on the pounds for his role in 'Furry Vengeance' and admits it wasn't hard for him to gorge himself for his career.

He said: "I don't know the number of pounds I gained because, in my real life, I don't step on scales. I don't believe them. I'm like, 'You're a liar.'

"I needed a bigger butt on account of there was going be a lot of physical comedy. I get thrown around a lot in the movie. But let's just face it, it's funny. Kids love it. Adults love it. They're like, 'Ha-ha, look! Brendan Fraser has gotten fat.' "

The 41-year-old star is struggling to shift the excess weight since shooting finished, and his love of pizza isn't helping his cause.

He added: "I still need to get closer to the StairMaster to lose that paunch. I'm doing pretty good, though. Once you get there, it's not easy getting back. Even though I did it for comedy, that's not an excuse for the fact that I love to jam pizza down my throat just as much as the next guy. I'm gonna be 42 in December, and I can't just stop living."

In the movie, Brendan plays a real estate developer trying to bulldoze a forest but runs into trouble when the woodland creatures who live there have other ideas.

No comments: