Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Oprah Winfrey's Obama inspiration

Oprah Winfrey was inspired by Michelle Obama's style to make a business investment.

The talk show host was so impressed when she saw the US First Lady wearing an outfit - which consisted of a cardigan, sweater and skirt - from affordable American store J.Crew, she decided to become an investor in the firm.

She said: "The very first time I saw the First Lady, even before she became the First Lady, wearing J. Crew - full disclosure here - I went and bought some J.Crew stock and that was a very good decision."

Speaking to J. Crew executive creative director Jenna Lyons on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show', the 56-year-old star says she can't get enough of the store's clothes and shoes.

She said: "I'm wearing J. Crew head-to-toe and the thing that excites me the most - I didn't know you guys did shoes!"

Oprah isn't the only star to have been inspired by Michelle's style.

Singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham recently revealed she would love to create a dress for her because she's such a "strong woman".

Victoria - whose clothing lines have won widespread praise - said: "I would love to dress Mrs. Obama absolutely absolutely absolutely! I just think she's incredible and she's a very strong woman and she's beautiful." 

No comments: