Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kim Cattrall's movie horror

Kim Cattrall hated looking "f***ed up" on the set of her new movie 'Meet Monica Velour'.

The 53-year-old actress - best known for her role as maneater Samantha Jones in 'Sex and the City' - plays an ageing prostitute in the film, and admits she did her best to avoid seeing herself on screen.

She said: "Most of the time as an actress, you want to look desirable, you want to be pretty, you want to be sexy, you want to be lit properly - whereas there were days when I didn't even have any make-up on.

"There were days when they actually changed the light to make me look harder and more overweight or just more f***ed up. I didn't see the dailies on it because I thought, 'You know, I've made a stand here that I'm gonna do this in a very truthful way, and if I look at them they might scare me.' "

Despite her worries about the way she looks in the Keith Bearden-directed movie, Kim believes she was totally detached from the character, not even recognising herself when she saw the film.

Kim - who gained 15lbs for the role - added to New York magazine: "I felt the movie was very truthful, especially the strip scene: She's not in her body. When I first saw the film I was in a bit of a shock because I didn't see myself. I couldn't find my spirit. Mine. Kim's. I felt it was so totally someone else, and a lot of it was really scary to look at."

No comments: