Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Miley Cyrus' call shame

Miley Cyrus ruined an emotional scene because she couldn't bear to be parted from her mobile phone.

The 17-year-old actress - who portrays troubled youth Ronnie Miller in 'The Last Song' - admits she was "embarrassed" when her most touching on-screen moment was interrupted by her communications device ringing in the middle of filming.

She said: "The funniest scene was also the saddest. Ronnie visits her terminally-ill dad in hospital and is struggling to hold back the tears. It was absolutely silent on set and suddenly my mobile phone goes off playing 'Don't Worry Be Happy'.

"I'm just so anxious about losing my phone I always have it with me. That was quite embarrassing, but also absolutely hilarious."

Despite the unprofessional disruption, Miley - who is best known for her role in Disney TV show 'Hannah Montana' - claims she's intent on pursuing a serious acting career.

She said: "I've always wanted to act, even though the critics don't seem to be very enthusiastic about my first serious role. I know I've done my best and that's the main thing."

It was while filming the drama that Miley fell in love with her co-star and love interest in the movie, Liam Hemsworth, 19, but the Australian actor admitted he wasn't aware of her celebrity status before they worked together.

Liam told website Bunte.de: "Miley is a huge star in Australia and I was probably the only one who had never heard of her before. Only when I arrived on set and saw all those fans and photographers I realised how famous she is."

No comments: