Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ricky Gervais returns to Globes

Ricky Gervais is returning to host the Golden Globe Award in 2011.

The British comedian will present the prestigious ceremony, which recognises the best in TV and film, for the second time next year - despite mixed reviews for his performance in January - and has vowed to go all out to upset producers.

He joked: "I suppose it is flattering, to be honest, and it was a surprise. I had so much fun last year.

"I'm going to go out all this time. I'm going to make sure they're never going to invite me back. I can't believe they invited me back after awful things I said. Let's see how far I can take it this time."

Audience members winced at last year's awards when the 'Office' creator joked about Mel Gibson's previous alcohol problems and Sir Paul McCartney's expensive divorce from Heather Mills.

However, President of the Golden Globes Philip Berk says he is delighted to see him return.

He said: "We are thrilled to have Ricky back as the host of the Golden Globe Awards. His combination of wit, irreverence and spontaneity makes him the ideal host. He was fantastic last year, and he'll be even better the second time around."

Next year's Golden Globe Awards take place on January 16.

No comments: